The Grand Champion and highest score from both categories will win a trip for 2 to Spain, including airfare and hotel accommodations for 7 days.
- Chefs are required to provide 500 appetizer portions.
- Teams must arrive no later than 9:00 AM, and start cooking their first paella by 11:15 AM.
- First time professional participants are welcome but must meet criteria for eligibility*
*Must be a professional Chef, own a restaurant/business or food truck. May be a professional chef at a local restaurant or hotel but have permission to participate from General Manager or owner.
- First time participants are required to attend a mandatory walkthrough of the site, date to be determined.
- On the day of the Challenge, teams must arrive no later than 9:00am, and start cooking their first paella by 11:15am. Doors open at 12noon.
We will provide:
- Paella pan, burner and propane, pantry ingredients, two 6’ tables with linens, plates and forks, napkins, hand-washing station, fire extinguisher, food permits.
- Ingredients to make two large paellas.
- Six (6) wristbands for your Professional Team*
*Wristbands must be worn at all times for security and event access. All members of your team must have a wristband.
- Ingredients to make 500 appetizer portions*
*Appetizers are to serve while your paella is cooking and in between preparation.
- Chefs are encouraged to bring in additional ingredients for their paella. Most all chefs will bring in specialty items for their paellas.
- Chefs will present 4 entrée portions individually plated on their personal vessel of choice.
For additional information, please contact Sarah Pape email@example.com
Steps to Register
Fill out the registration form
Submit chef biography
Submit chef headshot (high resolution JPEG)
The competition consists of two categories that chefs can compete in – Classical or Modern Interpretation. The Classical category is ideal for the chef who intends on cooking a paella that adheres to a traditional paella recipe (rice is a required element for all submissions). The Modern Interpretation category allows chefs to put a twist on the traditional paella dish.